Sunday, July 20, 2014

Day 20 of recovery


7/20/14

Day 20 of recovery

Today has been a hard day for me.  I stayed with Alexa last night & things went pretty well.  When I woke up this morn the thought came to me that maybe Tyson would have a bad day today.  I don’t know why but Sundays are really hard for him having to sit thru 3 hrs of church.  I called him before church & told him I thought he should get up & walk around outside, even if he was late for classes, he should get out & walk a bit.  About 11:00 our time I got a call from him & he was in so much pain he could hardly talk.  He said he was in the empty room next to the library at church & his head was hurting so bad & his body was going numb again.  I had Ty get on his phone to see if he could get ahold of someone to go in & help him but no one was answering their phones since it was during Sac mtg.  I hung up & was trying to call Shayla, who was in singles ward Sac mtg & then tried to call a few of the singles that I had the numbers for but no one would answer.  After praying, finally Shayla answered her phone.  I had her go over to our church & take Tyson’s muscle relaxer & told her to see if she could get someone to give him a blessing.  Ty finally got Craig Parry to answer his phone & he had gone in there too.  I was so relieved to finally have someone in there with him.  It was just killing me to not be there with him when he is suffering so much!!  After Shayla got there they helped him out to her car & I told Shayla to find Dr. Sharp & see if he could come to the house to check him out.  He was nice enough to come over.  We are so blessed to have so many friends to help out so much!!  Before too long his head started feeling like the “normal” headache almost. 

Ty & I were able to attend Sac mtg today & it felt so good to be able to go again.  We went to Kaia’s ward about 20 min away in Bloomington.  It was a great mtg, it was the farewell of the son of the ortho that I took Alexa to.  He is a member of their stk presidency.  The ward is very friendly, we had so many people come up & talk to us!  It was fun to see Kaia & meet her family.  Ty got to see a bit more of MN & how beautiful it is when you get away from the hospital.  Tonight Kaia came by to visit & brought 3 of her sons.  It was great having them come & it was also a great distraction for Alexa since she was in so much pain about an hr before her pain meds were due.  It really helps to keep her mind on other things.  I really think getting out of this hospital will help so much so she won’t be lying in bed thinking about being sick so much.  It will also be so great to have Tyson here with her.  Overall, things are going very well.  It is a very slow process to heal from this surgery & we just have to have lots of patience & take things a day at a time.  I thank Heavenly Father every single day for all of the friends & family who love us & pray for us.  We are really so blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment