Monday, July 14, 2014

Day 14 of recovery

7/14/14
Day 14 of recovery

Today was a much better day but the night was horrible.  The nurse gave Alexa some Miralax about 4:00 yesterday afternoon & we will never allow that to happen again!!  Alexa & I were up nearly all night in the bathroom!!  The only good thing about it was that her pain was finally under control so she slept between runs to the bathroom!  Needless to say, I was totally wasted this morn.  Ty came with the car & I met him & went back to RMH.  I didn’t get any sleep though, I ended up talking on the phone to the kids.  Tyson still has a pretty bad headache & my heart aches that I can’t be there with him!!  I don’t think he did a whole lot today besides go get an adjustment.  I went to Target to get a few groceries & then went back to the hospital.  While I was gone Ty said Dr. C came in & decided to remove her j/p drain from her stomach.  Alexa was very nervous about it since the nurse told her not to worry about it coming out so easily since it was stitched in.  She didn’t like the thought of that at all!  Ty said she was freaking out about him removing it so Dr. C went out to the nurses & told them to give her a few different “calming” drugs & after a few minutes, when she started saying weird things to the questions he was asking, he pulled it out.  She admitted that it felt a lot better having it out of there!  By the time I got there she was falling asleep from all the drugs & slept for about 3 hrs.  I slept too.  Later that afternoon Ty & I went back to the RMH for dinner.  When we got back the hospital was having a “date night” for all the patient’s parents with lots of food & wine so we stopped by there for a bit & visited with a few people.  They also gave each of us a $5 gift card to the coffee shop there in the hospital.  There’s a family here that have a 16 yr old son who just had the surgery last Fri & we enjoyed visiting with his Mom.  We have been praying for him too, his name is Austin Clements.  He is doing pretty well!  By the time we got back Alexa was in horrible pain again.  I don’t know why since it’s been pretty well controlled most of the day.  Hope Ty & her get some sleep tonight!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment