Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Day 8 of recovery


7/8/14

Day 8 of recovery

We’ve been really busy & very, very tired these past few days & I haven’t had time to write.  It’s been really hard & I’m sure I won’t be able to remember everything but at 2 different times that Alexa has been in unbearable pain & we have texted the family to pray for her immediately, within minutes, her pain was down to a level she could tolerate again.  It has been such a blessing to know that we can call on the powers of Heaven at any time & join our faith together.  Alexa knows without a doubt that she will get relief if everyone prays for her!  On Sun afternoon when they gave Alexa her Oxycodone in her j tube Ty could see the g tube turn red just like the medicine & pointed it out to the nurse.  She could see that it really was red & had the dr come in.  The dr kept insisting that it wasn’t possible & I told her that it had happened a few days before when we were in NICU & they had us go to x-ray to make sure that her tube was still in the right position & it was.  It was then decided that they would clamp off the g tube every time they gave the meds to make sure that didn’t happen again.  Well, we then had a horrible time of playing catch up with the pain since she didn’t get her full dose of pain meds.  Ty stayed the night with her & she had a horrible night.  That was one time I texted everyone & asked for prayers & Tiffany texted back & said they had knelt down with the whole Voorhees family right then.  Also Shayla & Tyson told me they had stopped to have a prayer & so did Jeanne & Dana’s families.  Within minutes Alexa could handle the pain again!!!  Mon was a really tough day since she got her pain blocks removed from her back & her portal line removed from her neck & a pic line put in her arm.  They told her they would sedate her for this.  They had to shut off her feeding tube at 8:30 since they were putting her to sleep & we went down there at 1:00.  The nurse gave her the pain meds early before we went down but by the time she woke up she was in horrible pain again.  Since she was off her feeds & in so much pain it made her blood sugar levels go wacko!  That made her emotions terrible & by that night she was crying & having a horrible time!!  That is when Ty sent out a text cuz Alexa asked him to.  This is the post that Chelsea put on facebook:

Miracle today! Alexa had a really difficult night last night. (I'm sure you will be able to read the full story sometime tomorrow when my mom is able to post it.) Basically, they worked tirelessly to try and keep her pain under control, but to no avail. They continued on into the afternoon today and they just could not get it at bay. Finally, we all received a text from my dad around 4:30 telling us that Alexa had asked us to all say a prayer for her for her pain. I immediately found my way to the bathroom at work and dropped to my knees (not the most sanitary, but it was sanctioned ). I told my Heavenly Father that they had done everything they could do medically to get her pain under control to no avail. I told Him that we needed a miracle and asked Him to provide her one according to her's and our faith. It was such an amazing prayer because I knew her pain would subside. I could feel it. I almost texted my dad back to let him know that I had prayed and that her pain should be gone now; I was that sure. Later, I learned that each of my siblings, when they received the text, also said a prayer immediately.

Tonight, we got another text from my dad saying, "After I texted all of you, I went out to find the nurse and when I came back, [Alexa] was sitting up watching TV. I asked if the medicine was finally working and she said no but Heavenly Father had answered all of your prayers."

I cannot go without sharing again my testimony of how loving and merciful and kind our Heavenly Father is. He is literally in the details of each of our lives. As Tonya pointed out to me tonight, "He wants to give us what we ask for; sometimes He is just waiting for us to ask." How grateful I am for a loving Father in Heaven who is all powerful and all caring!”

We have had so many comments from so many friends & family.  I can’t even explain how grateful we are for all of the prayers.  I can’t wait till Alexa is feeling well enough to read all of these & see how loved she is.  She received a letter from Vickie Bentley today & it just made her day!  I could tell that her eyes brightened a bit after reading it!  When Alexa starts feeling depressed & like she is getting worse I just have to point out to her all of the progress she has made & all of the people fasting & praying for her to make her feel better.  They have brought some dogs up to see Alexa & that has really brightened her day, as you can see from the pics.  They brought the spotted great dane by while we were having the procedure done on Mon so Alexa missed her.  Thank you again everyone!!!!  We sure do love & appreciate each one of you so much!!   







This is Dottie, the dog she missed

Notice that her IV pole hardly has anything on it now, well, compared to before!!

No comments:

Post a Comment