Sunday, August 17, 2014

Day 48 of recovery

8/17/14
Day 48 of recovery
I have been so busy trying to get Tyson ready for school & get some food in my bare cupboards & fridges.  I spent almost all morn Fri making the necessary doctor appointments for Alexa to all of the different docs she will need to see & getting Tyson registered for school & drivers ed.  I was shocked when I called the number for a top endocrinologist that I found & he personally answered the phone!  That gave me the opportunity to get some questions answered.  He is not seeing new patients but I feel confident going to the doctor he sent us to now & we were able to get an appointment quickly.  The next couple of weeks will be busy!!  Ty’s parents left that morn too.  I don’t know why they were in such a hurry to get away & we were sad they weren’t staying around longer.  I didn’t have time to put any of our stuff away yet since I had to take Tyson to get his permit & go school & grocery shopping.  We spent about an hr there in the DMV getting his permit & he passed the test the 1st time, yay!!!  Then he was anxious to learn how to drive so we went to a near empty parking lot & he drove till he got the hang of it & felt comfortable enough to head to Sam’s Club.  He really isn’t a bad driver but I am just way too old for this!!!  I am so glad this is my last time I have to do this.  I told him teaching a kid to drive & potty training are the worst parts of parenthood!!  We found a few school clothes for him there & my cart was overflowing!  I spent over $400 & still wasn’t finished but we headed home.  Ty & I went out that night & Alexa had Natalie over to watch a movie.  Sat I spent the whole day trying to organize my house & unpack but still didn’t finish.  I had a huge mound of papers to go thru!!  Tyson went to a party & dance so I had to stay up late to pick him up but he had a great time.  Alexa enjoyed having Vickie over.  It’s so good to see her feeling so much better but it will be great when she is completely healed!!  Today Alexa got up early & we went to Chelsea's singles ward to hear her speak & then went to see Tonya & Kyle's new house which is over by Dana's.  Then we went to their ward to hear them speak & watch their kids for them.  They all 3 did a marvelous job & succeeded in making me cry.  Tonya's kids were all pretty well behaved until close to the end of Tonya's talk Sadie suddenly looked up & saw her Mom speaking & decided she needed her so I had to take her out.  Alexa started having some pretty intense pain also so she sat in the foyer with us.  The kids are all coming for dinner so if will be good to be all together again!!  Here is some pics from our trip home.



  
I can’t believe I forgot to talk about the last night Chelsea & Shayla were at RMH!!  I wrote all about that day but didn't talk about that night when Kaia came over to visit!!  We had so much fun visiting & playing games!!  We played Apples to Apples with her & Tyler.  





Alexa loved this Golden Retriever that was here! It was his last time coming to the RMH so they were having a celebration, his name was Paul.

Chief Tyson protecting Princess Alexa.


Indians! Nice Squaw, huh?


Both bull-headed!



She won a whole 3 cents in Deal or No Deal & tried to cash it in after, haha!!  The cashier thought it was pretty funny too!






 

The church that is still in use





We loved Mtn Rushmore!!


Alexa started feeling sick here at Martin's Cove but we watched a little video 1st. She's wouldn't get out for pics.


The kids were so excited to get home & Alexa was so happy to see the yard & her room decorated!!


Daisy & Tux were excited to see us. Daisy showed it much more than Tux did, haha!! Cats are kind of snobbish sometimes.


The huge welcome home banner that Laura Trevenen made for us!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment