Monday, June 30, 2014

Alexa's TP/AIT Surgery


Alexa is back in surgery now.  Actually she went back about 7:30 & it is now 9:00.  It’s taken me that long to get myself together & figure out this new computer.  Ty bought me a new laptop for my birthday!!  When he got there yesterday & we got back to the apartment I jokingly asked him if he had brought me anything.  I was so surprised when he said he did & he pulled a beautiful blue laptop out!  I was happy but not as happy as I was to see him.  Anyway, Alexa had a very bad night, she had attacks all through the night.  Luckily Ty was there & got up with her cuz I sure was tired.  They 1st took Alexa back alone to have her change into her gown & get her vitals, etc.  As Ty & I were sitting there with the TV on I suddenly started to panic!  I have really never had a panic attack but I guess that is what one feels like.  I immediately pulled out Ty’s ipad & pulled up my “special scripture”, D&C 98:1-3 & read it over & over & started praying.  I knew we were doing what needed to be done but really, when you think about them removing her spleen, duodenum, pancreas, etc. it is pretty overwhelming.  How does one really LIVE without all of those organs.  Then I had to read the scripture & remind myself that nothing is impossible with Heavenly Father!  Then they called us back & I had to be strong again.  After they took her back & we went back out to the waiting room I broke down again & was so grateful to have Ty there by my side so I could cry on his shoulder.  I wish every one of you could be here with us but it is very comforting to know that you are all here in spirit.  We feel so much love & support!!!!  We will be fine.  We are fine now.  I just needed to cry.  Now that I have posted this we will try to sleep since she will need us later.  They told us this surgery will be till 8:00 tonight, maybe shorter, maybe longer.  We are praying that with Heavenly Father guiding Dr. Chinnikota’s hands the surgery will go smoother than he has ever imagined!!  We love you all!!










No comments:

Post a Comment