Monday, September 15, 2014

11 weeks




11 weeks

9/15/14

Update on Alexa is not good.  I wish it could be better & if I had written this the beginning of the week it would have been.  She was doing so well but then, about Thurs, started feeling so bad again. 
 
Tues Alexa managed to get out of bed early enough to go take her practice GED test, even had her hair & make up on & looked very cute!  It took her about 1 ½ hrs to take the test so I ran a bunch of errands while waiting.  She did very well on the language part but needs to brush up on her math a bit.  It’s been a while since she has done long division without a calculator.  They gave her about 5 packets to take home to work on & after she finishes those she can take them back & then go to UVU to take the real test.  Right after we finished there we went to Salt Lake to see the new GI dr at the U hospital.  We actually liked her ok but she really didn’t seem to be very familiar with this surgery.  I don’t really know if anyone here in Utah is familiar with it though.  I was supposed to talk to her about Alexa running that low grade temp but for the past few days she hadn’t been running it & had been feeling better so I just mentioned it but she really didn’t say much about it since she was feeling better now.
  
She was so pale & running a temp again yesterday.  I wrote to Marie in Minnesota last night telling her what was going on & asked her what she thinks it might be.  I told her I would get an apt with our GI here but told her that I thought she would need to talk to her since I felt that she isn’t too familiar with this surgery.  I knelt down yesterday morn & asked Heavenly Father if He would give me some guidance & the thought came to me that possibly the Cascara Segrada, the herb that I give her to help her not get constipated from the medicines, could be a bit too harsh on her system.  I went in right then & took it out of her pills for the day.  She did seem to feel better later that afternoon but I do need to give her something still, I don’t want her to get stopped up.  I may just give her less of it & try having her eat pears like my Dad says.  I know the pain dr is planning on weaning her down more off her meds this week so maybe that will help too.  It’s really so hard to know what to do!!!  I am so grateful that Heavenly Father is aware of us & gives us immediate answers when we need them!!  We always have the Priesthood also.  Alexa knows that if things get too unbearable, all she has to do is ask for a Priesthood blessing & immediately she feels relief!!  I am so grateful we have this power on earth today & it was restored thru Joseph Smith!!  I am absolutely positive that is why we are able to avoid going to the ER so many times.  There is times when Alexa is curled in a ball & there in no hope for relief & we have given her everything we can but she knows that thru His power she can always turn & find the help that she needs.  We are hanging in there.  Things are getting better.  We knew this would be a long recovery & we just need to be patient & take things one day at a time.  






No comments:

Post a Comment